Syrian victim of torture kept in immigration detention in breach of the UKBA’s own Detention Centre Rules.
* New asylum claim dismissed, medical and objective evidence overlooked, because it’s easier for the UKBA to shrug it off as a third country Dublin II case. He is due to be deported to Bulgaria on 6th July.
* Instead of being offered adequate treatment for post-traumatic stress and self-harm injuries, he is put in isolation and cut off from the outside world.
* Denied access to papers, phone and other belongings by the G4S management.
* On hunger strike since Monday, 27th June, in protest at his mistreatment by the immigration authorities and the detention centre management.
* Please see below for what you can do to help.
Juan Ibrahim is still on hunger strike in protest at his mistreatment by the UK’s detention and asylum system. His physical and mental health isdeteriorating but he is still holding on.
Juan has been issued with Removal Directions for 6th July. The carrier is EasyJet. Please find attached a model letter to the airline urging them to not carry Juan on their flight no. U28973.
Please help stop Juan’s deportation by sending protest letters to EasyJet, and also to the Home Office and G4S (follow link here for model letters above).